Wednesday 20 January 2010

Print Ready

I'm itching to get back into the studio. I've met a lovely screen printer by the name of Dion who has a print shop in his warehouse. Its all painty and messy with stuff all over the warehouse, half fixed bikes, broken sofas, graffiti on the walls and then through you go into a quiet print studio which is stacked with screens and paint pots. I love it already. Then wham! as you step outside the warmth of Melbourne hits you like you've suddenly been enshrouded in in fine layer of heat tech thermals.

I'm rambling....

My point was that I've found a place to print (wooo!), I'm negotiating some fees, I've got a batch of tights I brought with me and I'm investigating other tights suppliers too. Oh and I've checked out the art supplies shop. All that means, with any luck I'll be printing again next week, just as soon as Dion's studio is free. Still no success on a white tights producer, but I'm one step closer having found an independent accessories shop selling just what I need and I'm hassling the owner to share her supplier... fingers and tights-clad toes crossed for me!

1 comment:

  1. I wore mine recently and had lots of people asking where I bought them from. I was delighted to give them your deets! Missing you xx

    ReplyDelete